Surveillance Security for your Business this Holiday Season
December 13, 2016 By
The Christmas season is always a bustling and busy time for retail businesses, and with all the increase in activity going on around your store it’s important to protect it with smart security and surveillance. But many business owners and managers often forget that smart surveillance security isn’t just about having cameras and detection systems installed throughout the store or factory!
While cameras and similar security products are no doubt essential when it comes to protecting retail businesses, there are a number of other ways in which surveillance can be implemented by you and your employees. Do you want to know some of the top ways you can start improving surveillance security for your retail business today? Read on to read the top 7 ways we found to help you and your retail business stay safe this holiday season!
- Coordinate with your local law enforcement: Communication is key when it comes to
surveillance and security so be sure to take advantage of any information or advice you can get from local authorities, as they want to promote the safety of the community just as much as you do.
- Empower your managers, supervisors, and employees to be proactive with surveillance:
In order to be have a surveillance system that is truly comprehensive you must be just as vigilant on your end in terms of taking proactive measures around your retail business. Encourage your employees to take an active role in surveillance by being on the alert for any suspicious activity.
- Be alert at all times with every transaction and trust your instincts if you feel something is wrong: Trusting your instincts is a key part of surveillance for retail because sometimes relying on what just our eyes are seeing can be deceiving. If you or one of your employees has that “uh-oh” feeling, listen to it!
- Establish procedures for special safety and security circumstances: Practice makes perfect, and security and surveillance jobs are no exception to this rule, so be sure to review and practice all special procedures and protocols with everyone on your staff multiple times this holiday season.
- Work in tandem with your security patrol or security guards: If you are fortunate enough to have special security or patrol officers who work to protect the building, it’s important to work in tandem with them just like you would the police, as they see and hear things around the clock that you might have missed.
- Specialize surveillance for specific events: In the event of a special sale or a unique event going on in your store, you need to prepare accordingly by having a plan of action that relates exclusively to the layout and purpose of the event.
- Check all safety devices and tools regularly: The final tip for making sure you are properly surveying and securing your retail business this holiday season includes double checking all of the safety systems and devices for proper function, such as the cameras, flashlights, motion sensors, lights, etc.